This Wyndham Rewards Visa Card special link (annual fee version) is currently offering a limited-time sign-up bonus of 45,000 Wyndham Rewards points. This is enough points to be redeemed for 3 award nights at nearly any Wyndham property with no blackout dates. (The standard offer is usually 30,000 points.) You earn 30,000 bonus points after your first purchase, plus an additional 15,000 bonus points after $2,000 in purchases within the first 90 days of account opening. There is a $75 annual fee that is not waived. Here are the other card highlights:
- Earn 5 points per $1 spent on eligible purchases for every participating hotel stay, Wyndham Vacation Rental North America properties, and on-property spend and maintenance fees at Wyndham timeshare properties.
- Earn 2 points per $1 spent on eligible gas, utility and grocery store purchases (excluding Target® and Walmart®).
- Earn 1 point per $1 spent on purchases everywhere else, (excluding Wyndham timeshare downpayments).
- Automatic upgrade to Wyndham Rewards Platinum status (early check-in, 3,000 annual points bonus, Avis/Budget rental car upgrades).
- Earn 6,000 bonus points annually after your account anniversary every year. (Together with Platinum status, that is a total of 9,000 annual bonus points.)
- No foreign transaction fees
In 2015, Wyndham Rewards changed to a simple, flat redemption schedule. A “Go Free” award is 15,000 points for a free night (per bedroom) at any all particpating properties under the Wyndham umbrella. This includes over 7,000 hotels worldwide – from Days Inn motels to Wyndham Grand hotels. Award covers room rate and taxes. This includes rooms at their top-tier hotels and all-inclusive resorts. You simply need to find a “standard” room that is available, as there are no blackout dates. The alternative is their “Go Fast” award (Cash + Points option) which can also be a good value.
Here are just a few quick possibilities:
- Wyndham Grand Chicago Riverfront
- Silverado Resort and Spa in Napa, CA
- Wyndham Grand Orlando
- The Mills House Wyndham Grand Hotel in Charleston, VA
Wyndham points expiration. Note that their system is different in that your points only have a finite lifespan, even if you maintain the required activity. For example, earning points via this credit card will only reset the 18-month inactivity clock. You should get the exact date in your online account page.
Wyndham rewards will expire 48 months after they are first deposited into your account unless your account is canceled sooner due to inactivity. An account is considered inactive if no account activity has taken place over an 18-month period.
Bottom line. The sign-up bonus of 45,000 Wyndham Rewards points can be redeemed for 3 free nights at a variety of locations around the US and even worldwide. Your value will depend on your specific redemption. If I can get $200 value out of each night (including taxes), minus the $75 annual fee, the net bonus value is still over $500. I appreciate the flexibility of this program, in terms of the flat redemption rate, no blackout dates, and the large number of hotels available.
© MyMoneyBlog.com, 2017.